TINTON FALLS ZONING ORDINANCE REGARDING CELL TOWERS
40-38 WIRELESS COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT
The purpose of this Section is to provide sound land use policies, procedures and regulations for the location and placement of wireless communication towers and antennas in order to protect the community from visual and other adverse impacts. This Section is intended to meet the mandate of the Communication Act of 1996.
The objectives of this Section are to:
1. Protect residential areas and land uses from the potential adverse quality of life impacts of wireless communication towers and antennas;
2. Encourage the location of wireless communication towers on municipal property or in nonresidential areas and along major transportation corridors;
3. Minimize the total number of wireless communication towers throughout the community;
4. Encourage the co-location of new antennas on existing wireless communication towers instead of construction of additional single-user towers;
5. Encourage the location of wireless communication towers and antennas in areas where the adverse quality of life impact is minimized;
6. Encourage the location of wireless communication towers and antennas in a way that minimizes their adverse visual impact through careful design, siting, landscaping, screening, and innovative camouflaging;
7. Enhance the ability of the providers of wireless communication to provide such services to the community effectively, and efficiently;
b. The wireless communication compound shall be five hundred (500) feet from any residential zone line or residential property.